Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Staring at December

I am trying to recall all that has happened since my last post.

Turkey Day for one, was a blast, and I enjoyed the second annual 4 Corners Turkey Bowl. The competition was intense and the game ended in a 10-9 shootout.

Bon made a phenomenal meal, and we chilled the rest of the day, putting up the tree and other decorations.

Friday we made a trip up to Dayton to see Reese's Auntie Rie who was in from Philly. We are very much looking forward to the summer when she is back in Dayton for good! We are so happy for her and her impending marriage this fall. Later on that evening we were blessed with the presence of the coolest little man, Blake. Watching the two of them play together is hilarious.

We watched Shrek 3, and I have to tell you, I was less than impressed. It was OK, but it was not up to my Shrek expectations.

Saturday the whirlwind continued as we dropped by Slim Shady's crib, and Jase and I continued on to the OU-Miami game. Mad props to Guido for the hook-up on sideline passes and getting us into the locker room pre-game. I have been extremely spoiled the last few weeks at football games. It was good to have some solo time with Slim and actually have a chance to just rap about life.

Sunday included a powerful message from Ben, and it always seems to be a little more intense when communion is served. They also laid out an awesome plan for Christmas outreach, I will provide more details on this in the near future.

One more week in this course of school and then we are down to the final two classes, it almost does not even feel like it is true.

Another random thought...why does the train that runs near our house have to ring its horn continuously for 3 miles at 6am every Sunday morning?

1 comment:

Silver Back's Journey said...

Because God is saying get out of bed!