Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day and an Oil Spill


Since yesterday was such a beautiful day, after getting home from church I decided to mow the yard. The first time I have ever mowed my own yard mind you, and we have a brand new mower thanks to Clark. So everything is going well, moving along and I decide to add more oil when I have some difficulty getting it re-started. Of course I did not read the manual for the mower and poured in WAY too much. It starts back up and starts smoking violently and spewing oil out the side into the grass. (This photo is not actually from our yard) I decide to turn it back off, and after a quick call to Slim decide to drain all of the oil out and start over. All of that went well and I eventually got her running and full strength again. The yard looks great and Reese had fun watching me doing it, so that was cool. Chalk it up to another life lesson...

Also, when we pulled in the driveway from church the neighbor we had not met was outside doing some yard work, so I decided to introduce myself. The best part is that he was wearing a Muhsin Muhammad Bears jersey! Turns out he is from Chicago and a big Bears fan. Awesome...

Go Tribe and the Reds I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should call Jason prior to doing anything mechanically inclined since you are not. Funny story though.